A Milan Bar Fit to Match a Famous Furniture Fair
Following last year’s huge success, the renowned international furniture fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile, has returned to Milan this month.
To mark the occasion, our colleagues at Park Hyatt Milan collaborated with the Italian furniture company Kartell to furnish the hotel’s Park Bar with some of its most striking pieces. During the week of the show, which is running now (April 8-13), the Park Bar is hosting six pieces from Kartell’s collection, as chosen by designer Ferruccio Laviani. What an honor!
The fun doesn’t stop there, because Bar Manager Andrea Rella also created an exciting new cocktail just for the occasion inspired by the Kartell designs. Stop by and try her “One More Please,” named after the stool design by Philip Stark and Eugeni Quitllet. It consists of fresh raspberries, ginger, lime, vodka, sugar and sparkling wine – the perfect drink to encapsulate the stylish and quirky designs of the show.
Here are the pieces you’ll find in The Park Bar:
- Philip Starck’s ‘Mademoiselle Chair’
- ‘Papyrus chair’ by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- ‘Pop’ sofa by Carlo Tamborini and Piero Lissoni
- Ferruccio Laviani’s ‘Bourgie’ table lamp
- ‘One More Please’ stool by Philippe Starck and Eugeni Quitllet
- Philipe Starck’s ‘Gnomes’ stool
- ‘Magic Hole’ armchair by Philippe Starck and Eugeni Quitllet
Last year, the Salone Internazionale del Mobile attracted over 38,000 visitors as well as nearly 286,000 tradespeople. Here’s to another excellent week showcasing the latest designs in the furniture world!