Hyatt Regency Qingdao
There isn't much that can keep us from a good beachfront, and today we're excited to bring the Hyatt Regency brand to China's booming coastal city of Qingdao! In the Shandong province, the newly opened Hyatt Regency Qingdao's idyllic ocean setting, natural scenery, and direct access to Shi Lao Ren Beach make for the perfect resort atmosphere.
There's a lot to do in Qingdao - crowned China's most livable city by China Institute of City Competitiveness - so while you're checking out the new hotel, here's a top 10 list of things to keep you busy from ChinaTourOnline.com.
1. Laoshan Scenic Area - Laoshan is the main mountain of Shandong Peninsula, with a peak Laoding that is the highest coastal mountain in China and 1,133 meters above sea level.
2. Cherry Blossom Festival - The Cherry Blossom Festival is held in Zhongshan Park, in which there are more than 2000 cherry blossom trees. The florescence of Cherry Blossom Festival in Qingdao lasts half month viz. from Apr. 10th to 25th.
3. No. 1 Bathing Beach - No. 1 Bathing Beach in Qingdao is the biggest one in Asia and famed for its soft sand, clean water and calm wave.
4. Qingdao International Beer Festival - The Qingdao International Beer Festival, created in 1991, is held at the second weekend of August each year, and lasts 16 days. It concentrates tourism, culture, sport, economy and trade. The slogan of the beer festival is Qingdao Toasts with the World. After holding 16 beer festivals, Qingdao has become well-known at home and abroad.
5. Small Qingdao Island - Small Qingdao Island is a separate island, 720 meters from the coast. It seems a Guqin (ancient instrument), so Small Qingdao Island is also called Qin Island.
6. Christian and Catholic Churches - In Qingdao, there Christian churches and Catholic churches. The former famous one is a typical Germany castle architecture consisting of bell tower and hall. The latter famous one was originally called St. Michaelâs Church, and is the only one church for consecration in China.
7. Badaguan Scenic Area - Badaguan is a must-see attraction in Qingdao. Here you can see more than 20 different architectures with Russian, English, French, German, American, Japanese and Danish styles.
8. Tianheng Island - Tianheng Island is a fashion and romantic place of taking holidays. Overlooking from the air, Tianheng Island is like a diamond studding the blue sea. On the island, there are many natural landscapes.
9. Zhanshan Temple - The Zhanshan Temple, built in1944, is the unique Buddhism temple in the urban area of Qingdao. It is located between Taiping Mountain and Zhanshan Mountain, with different scenes in the four seasons.
10. Tsingtao Brewery - Tsingtao Brewery, now called Tsingtao Brewery Co., Ltd., was founded in 1903 by German and English businessmen and has a long history. In 2008, Tsingtao Beer became the official sponsor of Beijing Olympic Games. At present, as a world famous brand, Tsingtao Beer has been sold to more than 70 countries.
Hyatt Regency Qingdao