As we jump into week two of Hyatt's annual Global Month of Community Service, the volunteer efforts around the globe are truly inspiring. It's one of the best times of year! From Hyatt associates to guests, and campus ambassadors to travel bloggers, people worldwide are taking Hyatt's pledge to "Commit to Thrive" this April. For every pledge taken by April 30, Hyatt is donating a book to a child in need - up to 35,000 books!
Hyatt associates got right to work during the very first week of our Global Month of Community Service. Take a peek at the following hotels and dozens more who have already made a positive impact this April:
- London, UK: Chefs from Andaz Liverpool cooked up change with Providence Row, a local homeless shelter, by leading culinary training classes for interested residents.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Rock stars Elçin Güner and Erhan Selman from Grand Hyatt Istanbul just completed an intensive, 3-month mentorship program to help at-risk students realize their potential.
- Washington D.C.: Teaming up with two charities, Autism Speaks and Brainfood, Grand Hyatt Washington raised awareness about autism and also fed the minds of D.C. students with promising culinary futures.
- Chicago, Illinois: Hyatt Regency O'Hare's Culinary and HR teams visited a local elementary school to teach students about healthy eating. The room was setup with a rainbow of fruits and vegetables and a variety of healthy and unhealthy grains.
- Hong Kong: The ASPAC Regional Office partnered with a local church to distribute toiletries to the homeless.
- Greenville, North Carolina: One of our Hyatt Campus Ambassadors, Mary Youngblood, took the pledge to commit to thrive and volunteered at her local humane society. Check out her story on Hyatt's Careers blog here.
To see more of the LIVE ACTION, visit http://tagboard.com/commit2thrive and join the conversation with #Commit2Thrive! Plus, you can find tips from volunteer experts at Points of Light posted here.