TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USING THIS SITE
Hyatt Corporation (“Hyatt”) is proud to offer this site (“Site”) for use in accordance with these terms and conditions of use (“Terms”). By accessing and/or using the pages on this Site, you accept and agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms, without limitation or qualification. Please read these Terms carefully before using this Site. If you do not agree with these Terms, then do not use the Site and please exit the Site immediately.
Submissions: We encourage you to submit comments on the Site. We post items that we think might be relevant to you, and we encourage you to comment, offer suggestions, tell us how we can do better, and enable us to better offer authentic hospitality to guests at Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world. Please be mindful that this is a public forum open and available to anyone. Your comments should only include material that you are comfortable disclosing to the whole world. As such, your comments should not contain telephone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, or other sensitive information. We may redact this information from a comment, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Review of Submissions: We review comments before they are posted to be sure that they comply with these terms. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse to post comments that are not in compliance with these Terms and the Blog Posting Guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove comments even after they have been posted. If you see a comment that bothers you, please send an email with specific information so we can identify the comment quickly. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Care Concerns: If you have a concern or complaint about a specific item, such as your bill or another private concern, our customer care teams may be able to assist you. We are eager to assist our guests wherever we can so please contact our customer service team at email@example.com.
Prohibitions on Use of the Site: As we said, not all comments are appropriate for this Site. By posting comments on the Site, you understand and agree that you may not use the Site to post, display, upload, transmit, or otherwise communicate:
(1) Comments that are not responsive or related to the post;
(2) Any sensitive, confidential, and/or personally identifiable information (“Sensitive Information”). Sensitive Information may include, but is not limited to, confidential or non-public information related to Hyatt as well as information sufficient to identify an individual, social security or other identification numbers, health or medical information, credit card, bank account, or other financial information;
(3) Content that is obscene, harassing, abusive, threatening, vulgar, profane, sexually explicit, racially or ethnically offensive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
(4) Content that attacks or insults another individual or entity;
(5) Content that is subject to any third party’s rights, including without limitation copyrighted material, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property.
(6) Advertisements or promotional communications for any third-party commercial activities;
(7) Software viruses of any type or form or code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, surreptitiously use or transmit information to or from, or limit any software or hardware;
(8) Material to intentionally or deliberately overload the Site;
(9) In a way that impersonates any person or entity or forges any IP address, TCP-IP packet header, email address or header, or any part of a message;
(10) Material that suggests or encourages illegal activity; or
(11) Material that violates any applicable laws.
You may not post comments on the Site anonymously or under the name of another individual. You also may not copy, duplicate, replicate, or otherwise transfer any content from the Site.
License: You hereby grant to Hyatt and its designees, and agree to execute any documents reasonably requested by Hyatt to document, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid up and royalty-free license to use any comments or any ideas, expressions of ideas, innovations, or any other material in your comment (“Comment Content”) for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without restriction of any kind and without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification to you or any third party. This license shall include without limitation the irrevocable right to reproduce, prepare derivative works, combine with other works, alter, translate, distribute copies, display, perform, license, improve, modify, or in any way use, possess, or share the comments, and all rights therein, in the name of Hyatt or its designees throughout the universe in perpetuity in any and all media now or hereafter known.
You acknowledge that:
(1) You have read, understand, and agree to these Terms and this license, and further agree that these Terms shall apply to any comment that you have presently, or in the past or subsequently submitted to Hyatt or its designees until such time as Hyatt or its designees otherwise agree in writing;
(2) To the best of your knowledge, your Comment Content represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the content of the comment to Hyatt and to post it on the Site;
(3) To the best of your knowledge, Hyatt’s or its designees’ review or use of the Comment Content as permitted under these Terms will not infringe upon any other individual’s or entity’s rights;
(4) You understand that the disclosure of the Comment Content to Hyatt does not automatically establish a confidential relationship or obligate Hyatt to treat the Comment Content as secret or confidential;
(5) You understand that Hyatt has no express or implied obligation to use or develop any part of your Comment Content;
(6) You understand that Hyatt has no obligation to compensate you or anyone else for any use of the Comment Content or any derivatives of that Content;
(7) You understand that Hyatt will give your Comment Content such consideration as it deems is warranted in its sole and exclusive determination and judgment. Hyatt is not required to give any reason for not pursuing your Comment Content or to reveal any activities related to your Comment Content;
(8) Should Hyatt discuss or negotiate any separate contract, license, or other agreement with you related to the Comment Content, such discussions and negotiations shall have no effect on these Terms unless a written agreement is properly executed between you and Hyatt (or its designees) and such agreement specifically addresses its effect on these Terms;
(9) You understand that Hyatt or its designees may be working on, already know or possess, independently develop, or otherwise obtain the same or similar Comment Content, or that it may wish to develop or otherwise exploit this Comment Content or similar content on its own, and you hereby waive any and all claims that you may have now or in the future that your Comment Content may be similar to any materials or content used or displayed subsequently by Hyatt or its designees; and
(10) You agree that, unless these Terms are superseded by a separate written agreement between you and Hyatt or its designees related to the Comment Content, you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the terms, including without limitation the license and disclaimers herein, of these Terms.
Age Requirement: You may only use this Site if you are at least 18 years of age and can enter into binding contracts. Individuals who are under the age of 18 and who have not reached the age of majority in their state/province or country of residence may not access or use the Site.
Voluntary Submission: Your submission of your comments to the Site is entirely voluntary and gratuitous.
Hyatt Associates: This Site neither replaces nor serves as an alternative for associates to raise employment or business issues. Hyatt has several policies in place, and nothing herein is intended to or does supersede those policies. The Site should not be used to report any complaints related to or violations of those policies or any other applicable policy. Such complaints or violations should be reported as set forth in the applicable policy, and this Site is not intended to and does not replace those reporting mechanisms. Moreover, if you are a Hyatt associate and choose to post on this Site, you must disclose that you work for Hyatt or a Hyatt hotel or resort.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE
In providing this Site, Hyatt may act as a service provider as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and offer services as an online provider of materials and links to third-party websites. As a result, third-party materials that Hyatt does not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed, or otherwise made available through the Site. Upon proper notice under the DMCA, Hyatt will expeditiously remove any content or suspend any user of the Site that is found to have infringed the rights of Hyatt or a third party.
If you believe that any material made available through the Site infringes a copyright, please notify Hyatt using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under Section 512(c) of the DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c). Hyatt will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing in compliance with the procedures set forth in the DMCA. Notices of claimed infringement should be directed to the agent designated by Hyatt with the U.S. Copyright Office.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
Note: These disclaimers and limitations on liability are in addition to, and in no way limit or restrict, any other applicable disclaimers or limitations in any other applicable policy.
Accessibility Issues: Hyatt will make reasonable efforts to make the Site available, but neither Hyatt nor its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be liable if the Site is unavailable at any time for any reason.
Links: We do not review or monitor any web sites linked to the Site or contained in any comment. We are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
General Release: You hereby agree to release and hold harmless Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hyatt International Corporation, Select Hotels Group, LLC, and the direct and indirect subsidiaries of each, and the agents, representatives, employees, and licensors of each of the above (collectively, “Hyatt Parties”) with respect to any claim, damage, loss, expense, or cost, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or in any way arising out of content that you post, display, submit, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Site, the use of such content by any of the Hyatt Parties for any purpose, your use of the Site, your violation of these Terms, or the violation of by you or any of the Hyatt Parties of any third-party rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights.
Accuracy Disclaimer: Third-parties, such as individuals like you, can provide content on the Site. This third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person creating or posting that content. Hyatt is not responsible or in anyway liable for such content and does not in any way warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, quality, or non-infringement of intellectual property rights of any content on the Site regardless of who creates or posts such content. You hereby agree that you solely and exclusively bear all risk associated with the use of such content and for any losses, damage, or injuries of any kind and to anyone or any property arising from or incurred as a result of use of, reliance upon, or in connection with any content on the Site.
Warranty Disclaimer: YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES THAT ARE IMPOSED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Limitation of Liability: NEITHER HYATT NOR ANY OF THE HYATT PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, OPINIONS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF HYATT OR ANY OF THE HYATT PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HYATT’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTION SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST THE HYATT PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY MATERIALS, OPINIONS, OR RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE SITE.
Links: Hyatt does not review or monitor each website linked on the Site. Hyatt is neither responsible for such links nor responsible for any content on any such linked websites. If you decide to use a link and visit a third-party website, you do so at your own risk.
No Waiver: The failure, delay, or omission by either party to exercise or enforce any rights under or provisions of these Terms shall not waive, modify, or otherwise impair such rights or provisions, and in no way shall such failure, delay, or omission in any way affect a party’s right to later enforce such right or provisions.
Severability: In the event that a court or other ruling body finds any of these Terms to be unenforceable or invalid, the unenforceable or invalid term will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under the applicable law, and all other terms will remain valid, enforceable, and in full force and effect.
Governing Law and Choice of Forum: Access to and use of the Site are governed by U.S. federal law and/or the laws of the State of Illinois. Any disputes arising in connection with the Site or these Terms shall be brought exclusively in state or federal courts in Chicago, Illinois. You agree to submit to jurisdiction in, and that venue is proper in, such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claims.
Right to Modify These Terms: Hyatt reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time without notice, and such modified terms shall be effective upon posting.
Hyatt’s Trademarks: Hyatt®, the Hyatt logo, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Summerfield Suites®, and Hyatt Place® are marks of Hyatt Corporation. As indicated, Hyatt’s marks are registered in the United States and in certain countries around the world. Other Hyatt marks, domain names, and company names are also property of Hyatt or its subsidiaries or affiliates. You may not use any Hyatt mark without permission from the owner of the applicable mark.
Contact: If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, you may contact us about the Site at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 8/11/2010. ©2010 Hyatt Corporation.