Grand Hyatt Shenyang Makes Its Debut
Bold. Dramatic. Exciting. These are the words that describe the Grand Hyatt brand and they also describe the newly opened Grand Hyatt Shenyang, the first Hyatt property in Northeast China.
Opening today, Grand Hyatt Shenyang will set a new standard of sophistication in Shenyang – the capital of Liaoning Province – and it will provide an abundance of multicultural experiences for business and leisure travelers.
The hotel occupies a newly built 29-story tower on Qingnian Avenue, which is known in town as the “Golden Corridor.” The hotel will feature 353 guestrooms, designed by Hirsch Bedner Associates, all with amazing city views and natural light. Throughout the hotel, guests will find exotic purple and gold accents and artwork inspired by Shenyang’s native flower, the rose.
The dining and entertainment venues at Grand Hyatt Shenyang will not disappoint and will provide a unique local flavor that shows off the city’s heritage and history. The dining venues include:
The Lounge: Located on level 25, serving freshly brewed tea, coffee, and fine wines.
Cafe Kitchen: Vibrant, all-day restaurant featuring international and local cuisine
Cuan: Chinese casual hotpot restaurant featuring an array of soup stocks from various regions in Asia
Xin Feng Tian: Specializes in authentic regional Chinese favorites, including spicy Sichuan dishes and Peking duck
Jun Hui 28: Private fine-dining restaurant
Il Forno: Italian steakhouse specializing in prime char-grilled steaks, homemade pastas and gourmet pizzas
FA’R: Newest style in Shenyang’s nightlife with champagne, premium wines, spirits and cocktails
Grand Hyatt Shenyang also features more than 36,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as Qing Spa with six private treatment suites.
In case you’re unfamiliar with Shenyang, we thought we would provide you with some fun facts about the city:
Shenyang by the Numbers:
- Population: 7.76 million
- Land Area: 13,000 square kilometers
- Average Annual Rainfall: 76 cm/30in
- Average January Temperature: -11 C/12 F
- Average July Temperature: 23 C/73 F
- Major Industries: machinery, petrochemicals, automobiles and pharmaceuticals
- Electricity: 220 volts, 50 Hz; standard two-pin plug
- Time Zone: GMT+8
- Country Dialing Code: +86
- Area Code: 24
Did You Know?
- Shenyang is hometown to several notables in modern China, including the warlords Zhang Zuolin and his hero son Zhang Xueliang as well as film siren Gong Li.
- Shenyang was a trading hub as far back as the 11th Century. While modern trade focuses on heavy industry, earlier commodities included ginseng.
- As Northern China’s major air hub, there are eight airports in Shenyang, but not all of them are open to the public.
- Shenyang is located on the inland area of Liaodong Peninsula, north of the Bohai Sea and southwest of the Changbai Mountains in Liaoning Province. On a map, the city is located between 122 25′ – 123 48′ east latitude and 41 11′ – 43 2′ north latitude, in the southern part of northeast China.