New York Central’s Grand Opening
New York City is known as a global cultural center, filled with amazing cuisine from around the world and we are thrilled to introduce Hyatt’s newest addition to the landscape, the newly opened New York Central in midtown’s Grand Hyatt New York.
Today’s Hyatt Friday Photo features several images of New York Central, which is celebrating its grand opening today. The space is designed by Bentel & Bentel and definitely is a big transformation for the more than 80 year-old hotel. Speaking of big, New York Central has almost 6,000 square feet and is accessorized with new, sleek amenities, including a custom chandelier that suspends above the entire space and hues of warm gray, blue and white to make the space sophisticated, yet inviting.
The illuminated white bar is visible from 42nd Street and the wine gallery features a DIY wine refrigerator, stocked with a variety of red and white wines. The lounge area has comfortable couches and tables that are perfect for guests looking for lights bites and cocktails, and several of the restaurant’s tables will appear to be floating over the hustle and bustle of the street below.
Now onto one of the most important elements of New York Central — the food! Chef Christian Ragano, who came from Park Hyatt Chicago’s Michelin-Star NoMI, will serve as executive chef, offering a diverse menu of cuisine inspired by Western Europe. We can promise this his eclectic menu won’t disappoint with delicious, signature dishes. Read further below for a sampling to whet your appetite!
So while of course we hope this information piques your curiosity, we don’t expect you to only take our word for it. Reviews are in from The New York Times and Conde Nast Traveler’s blog, Truth.Travel and we’re proud to say that we have managed to impress them as well.
We hope you’ll head over to 42nd and Lex to try out this new restaurant, bar and lounge — when you do, please let us know what you think!
Soups and Salads
- Puree of Parsley Root Soup-Smoked Scallop, Hazelnut, Parsley Gremolata $10
- Salad Lyonnaise-Winter Chicories, Poached Egg, Lardons, Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette $9
- Tuna Confit Salad-Borlotti Beans, Arugula, White Anchovy Vinaigrette $13
- Squash Galetta-Red Onion, Cabrales Cheese, Pedro Ximenez Vinegar $10
- Grilled Prawns-Charred Scallion and Fennel Salad, Romesco Sauce $17
- Foie Gras Tourchon-Black Tea and Prune Jam, Country Toast $18
- Grilled Prime Bavette Steak -Cervelle de Canut, Charred Endive, Natural Jus $27
- Braised Shortrib-Manchego Polenta, Smoked Date Jus $28
- Brown Butter Risotto-Pumpkin, Sage, Solara Vinegar $22
- Roasted Loin of Lamb-Licorice, Cauliflower, Pinenut, Cassis Jus $30
- Seared Halibut-Confit Mushrooms and Pearl Onions, Sauce Matelote $25
- Pumpkin Flan $10
- Horchata, Pomegranate, Sea Salted Pumpkin Seeds $10
- Local Honey Butter, Bee Pollen Sugar $10