On the heels of our celebration in Omaha, the growing Hyatt Place brand kicked off construction in yet another new location this week. Once completed, Hyatt Place at the Suburban Collection Showplace will open in 2013 in Novi, Michigan, which is just over 30 minutes outside Detroit.
Shovels in hand, Novi Mayor Bob Gatt, Hyatt executives, community leaders, and Blair Bowman, owner of the Suburban Collection Showplace, officially broke ground at the construction site. They celebrated the continued prosperity of the city and the entire southeastern Michigan area.
"We are very excited to welcome the Hyatt Place brand to Novi, and having the new hotel here will be a great asset to our thriving city," said Novi Mayor Bob Gatt.
When it opens in 2013, the six-story hotel will offer:
- 126 guestrooms attached to the building's eat side Suburban Collection Showplace
- More than 9,000 square feet of meeting space, including 10 additional meeting rooms
- StayFit@Hyatt fitness center
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast and a 24/7 Guest Kitchen serving made-to-order snacks and entrees
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Interior pool
- Outside upscale courtyard for social events
Enjoy these photos from the event!
The group breaks ground at the construction site.
- Brad Chojnacki, Alan Group
- Scott Bowers, Bowers and Associates
- Kevin Schramm, Hyatt
- Bob Gatt, Novi Mayor
- Blair Bowman, Suburban Collection Showplace
- Michael Goldstein, Packard Hospitality Group
- John Rodgers, Packard Hospitality Group
Blair Bowman, Owner, Suburban Collection Showplace
Kevin Schramm, Hyatt Regional Vice President, Real Estate & Development