Just fresh off of our Hyatt House announcement, we're excited to let you know that we will be introducing both of our select brands – Hyatt House and Hyatt Place – in Asia with agreements for three hotels in Shanghai.
The two Hyatt Place properties and one Hyatt House hotel will be located in Shanghai's Jiading New Town and Xinjiangwan suburbs. Management agreements have been signed for the 210-room Hyatt Place Shanghai Jiading, the 77-room Hyatt House Shanghai Jiading, and the 150-room Hyatt Place Shanghai Xinjiangwan. Hyatt House Shanghai Jiading and Hyatt Place Shanghai Jiading, expected to open in the summer of 2014, will be part of a planned mixed use development near the city center that will be comprised of commercial, residential, and recreational areas. Hyatt Place Xinjiangwan, which will be located in the Yangpu District, is expected to open in early 2015.
Management agreements have also been signed for eight additional full service hotels in China, bringing the total of announced Hyatt-branded hotels under development in China to 32. You can check out more information about these new hotels below.
- Grand Hyatt Lijiang: Lijiang is one of the most popular tourist destinations in China and this resort hotel, at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, will have 240 guest rooms and 60 suites, as well as 2,255 square meters of meeting and event space. The hotel, expected to open in 2014, will also feature a spa, two indoor pools, four specialty restaurants and two lounges.
- Grand Hyatt Hefei: The hotel will be located within a mixed use development in Hefei's new municipal administration and cultural district. Featuring 318 rooms and 32 suites, three specialty restaurants, a lounge, a bar, a spa and a fitness center, as well as 2,160 square feet of meeting and event space, the hotel is expected to open in 2016.
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula: This resort hotel will be located on the tropical Hainan Island, China's second largest, and will feature 330 guest rooms. Expected opening is 2013.
- Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Chongming: Linked to the Pudong area of Shanghai by the newly-constructed Shanghai Yangtze River Tunnel and Bridge, Chongming is an emerging new suburban destination providing a quick countryside escape for city dwellers. This hotel, expected to open in early 2014, will feature 153 rooms and 27 suites, and 1,790 square meters of meeting and event space. The island of Chongming, the third largest island in Greater China, is expected to have an 18-hole golf course.
- Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Hongqiao: Located in the Hongquiao International Trade Center in the Channing District, the hotel will be in close proximity to three major exhibition centers in the Hongqiao area, including the Shanghai international Exhibition Center, Shanghai Mart Exhibition Center, and Shanghai Exhibition Center, which combined have more than 50,000 square meters of meeting and event space. Expected to open in 2014, the hotel will feature 270 rooms and 30 suites, 1,347 square meters of meeting and event space, a spa, fitness center, two restaurants, a bar, and a lobby lounge.
- Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Jiading: Located in northwest Shanghai's Jiading New City, an emerging suburb with a strong master plan, the hotel will be located in the newly developing central business district and will be located in a landmark building over 150 meters tall. Expected to open in 2014, the hotel will feature 289 rooms and 52 suites, 1,935 square meters of meeting and event space, two restaurants, a lounge, a spa, and a fitness center.
- Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang: The hotel will be located northeast of Shanghai in Yangpu District which is home to 17 universities, 22 national laboratories, and more than 100 scientific institutes. Part of a mixed use development including an office tower and shopping mall, the hotel will be located in a stand-alone building and is expected to open in 2013. The hotel will feature 333 rooms and 17 suites, 2,225 square meters of meeting and event space, two restaurants, a lounge, pool, spa, and fitness center.
- Hyatt Regency Zhenjiang: Located in the central business district in the Da Shi Kou area, at the intersection of two main thorough fares, the hotel will be sit atop a landmark building in Suning Plaza, a mixed use development. Expected to open in 2014, the hotel will feature 280 rooms and 20 suites, 1,570 square feet of meeting space, a spa, fitness center, and pool, as well as two restaurants and a lobby lounge.
Hyatt also announced today that it has signed management agreements for the first two Hyatt-branded hotels in Mongolia.
- Hyatt Regency Ulaanbaatar: Less than a mile from Sukhbaatar Square, considered to be the center of the city, and adjacent to the Dund River, this hotel will have 259 rooms, including 43 suites and 22 serviced apartments, two specialty restaurants, a tea room, and a sky bar and lobby. The hotel, in Mongolia's largest city and its capital, will be the center piece of MAK Tower mixed use project and is expected to open in 2014. The hotel will be located 8 miles from the airport and will have 23,166 square meters of meeting and event space.
- Hyatt Regency Ulaanbaatar Turtle Rock: Located within Terelj National Park 25 miles from Ulaanbaatar, adjacent to Turtle Rock, and at the foot of Khentii Mountains, this resort hotel will have 131 rooms, including 19 suites, and 30 traditional Mongolian Gers. Nearby attractions include the glacial Khagiin Lake, Yestii Hot Springs, a Buddhist Monastery, and over 250 species of birds. The hotel, expected to open in 2015, will have 8,988 square meters of meeting and event space, a spa, fitness center and indoor pool.
The proposed spot for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House in Shanghai Jiading