It's official! Hyatt Regency Chicago has completed its $90 million renovation, and we're here to give you a look inside the transformation, which includes a complete remodel of the hotel's 2,019 guestrooms and suites, as well as its 65 guestroom corridors.
If you check out the pictures below of the new guestrooms, you'll see that they feature brand new Hyatt Grand beds, wall coverings, carpet, window treatments, chairs, artwork and lighting. Plus, guests will get a contemporary vibe when they walk into the room with the contrasting warm and cool gray and orange hues used in various spots and textures. To pay tribute to Chicago, the guestrooms feature black and white photography etched on glass that showcase unique aspects of the Windy City. Each bathroom is also complete with a new fixtures and features.
If you're headed to Chicago this summer, we highly recommend booking your stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago – not only because of its recently completed renovation, but also because its prime location affords you the opportunity to see and experience everything Chicago has to offer! Check out some of our suggestions below on Chicago's top spots to visit or check out ideas on the Hyatt Destinations page on Hyatt.com to have a truly authentic Chicago experience.
- Head to must-see Millennium Park to view the interactive Crown Fountain and the hugely popular Cloud Gate sculpture (also known as "The Bean").
- Dine al fresco on the plaza at The Park Grill Restaurant (11 N. Michigan Ave) while taking in the sunset over the beautiful Chicago skyline. The Park Grill offers classic American cuisine with seasonal ingredients and distinct Chicago flavor. In the winter months, the outdoor seating area is transformed into an ice skating rink with skate rental
- Eat a delicious meal at Yolk, (1120 S. Michigan Ave) THE brunch spot in Chicago (try the Eggs Benedict – voted the best in town!).
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll from historic Grant Park (if you have time, visit the popular Buckingham Fountain) to Museum Campus:
- Field Museum: See the famous Sue the T-Rex and her new robotic counterpart, Robo-Sue. Using face recognition technology, these robo-saurs will react to your every move!
- Shedd Aquarium: You'll find something wet, wild, and wonderful everywhere you walk at Shedd. Tour fresh and salt-water wildlife – don't miss Nunavik, Shedd's baby beluga whale and the new sea jellies exhibit.
- Adler Planetarium: Embark on a tour around the world – and into space with one of Adler's many space shows (such as Great Observatories in 3D) and daily activities.