The term Road Warrior has been around for decades – and when you stop to think about it, what does it mean? The old-fashioned term takes you back in time to polyester suits, chunky flip phones and unwieldy maps.
Let's face it -- this definition is a thing of the past. Today's business traveler has evolved, and so must the dated term "Road Warrior." That's why Hyatt Place has teamed up with renowned travel tech expert Katie Linendoll to launch the Road Warrior 2.0 Challenge.
Here's how it works:
Hyatt Place and Katie Linendoll are asking real world business travelers like you to help rename and redefine today's Road Warrior for a chance to win a head-to-toe business traveler makeover worth more than $8,000, which includes some of Katie Linendoll's favorite must-have travel and tech gadgets. To enter the contest:
- Visit the Hyatt Place Facebook Page
- Tell us how you embody or define the modern day Road Warrior
- And, create an original, fun name for the modern day Road Warrior
Weekly winners, chosen by a random drawing, will receive one free night at Hyatt Place. A grand prize winner selected by Katie Linendoll and a panel of representatives from Hyatt will win a complete head-to-toe business makeover to help the Road Warrior 2.0 maximize efficiency on the road, and have a little fun along the way. The prize package features some of Katie's must-have travel tech and includes:
- 10 Free Nights at any Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond status membership through February 2013
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1
- Apple iPad 2
- Samsung Infuse 4G smartphone from AT&T
- The All-New NOOK eReader from Barnes & Noble
- Polaroid Grey Label Instant Mobile Printer
- Jambox Wireless Speaker
- Skull Candy earphones
- Super Battery charger by dreamGEAR
- Laptop case and travel document holder
- The winner's choice of a $500 gift card to The Limited or Joseph A. Bank
- $200 gift card to Cole Haan
- Grand Hyatt bedding (includes a feather bed, Hyatt Grand comforter, and Hyatt 2 Pack of Grand Pillows; in addition, winner will receive 2 Pacific Coast Pillow Fixer travel pillows)
- Two pairs of adidas CLIMACool Ride shoes and two full training outfits
- Yoga mat and DVD
- 2 round-trip tickets on Southwest Airlines
Make sure to visit the page today and enter – you don't want to miss out on this amazing 18-prize package!
If you're looking for some inspiration for your entry, we've got you covered. Hyatt Place recently commissioned a national survey (conducted by Harris Interactive) to reveal what the new business traveler is all about. Here's what we found out:
- Getting the job done: 50% of business travelers surveyed say that life as a business traveler is easier and more productive today than it was 10 years ago, thanks in large part to hotels and technology that keep travelers connected.
- Mobile masters: When asked to choose between leaving home for a business trip without underwear or a smart phone, 64% of business travelers surveyed would rather go commando.
- The boondoggle is back: The top perk of business travel is exploring new places: two-thirds of those surveyed agreed that business travel provides an escape from everyday life and a sense of adventure. There's also more time for fun: 69% find it easier to meet new people, and 59% find it easier to read a book, magazine or newspaper on the road.
- Keep in touch: 70% of business travelers surveyed are in touch more often while on the road, and spend more time each day communicating with friends and family while traveling for business versus at home (an average of 33 vs. 19 minutes per day).