Aloha from Maui! This past weekend, the Andaz brand made its debut in Hawaii with the opening of the highly anticipated Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa. Following a traditional cultural blessing ceremony, the resort opened its doors on Sunday and invited guests to experience the signature brand elements that define Andaz hotels around the globe.
Celebrating Maui's rich, local culture, Andaz Maui at Wailea features breathtaking design elements, superior service, stunning ocean views and a Hawaiian spirit throughout the resort, inviting guests to arrive as vacationers and leave as 'ohana, or family.
Designed by the award-winning design and architecture firm Rockwell Group, Andaz Maui at Wailea reflects the pure simplicity of Hawaiian hospitality. Guests are welcomed by an awe-inspiring entryway bridge leading to the airy Andaz Lounge that features a central sandpit where guests can sink their toes into the sand while checking in the Andaz way, with a Host using a computerized tablet instead of the traditional check-in desk. Just beyond the windows are stunning views of multiple infinity-edge swimming pools and the picturesque beaches of Wailea.
Other key elements of the resort include:
- Neighborhood: Located along Mokapu Beach, one of the most sought-after leisure and resort destinations in the world, Andaz Maui at Wailea is situated on a 1.2 mile-long oceanfront beach steps away from world-class restaurants, shops, entertainment, championship golf courses, water sport adventures and more.
- Accommodations: The resort features 297 thoughtfully appointed guestrooms and suites, including seven luxurious, two- to four-bedroom villas inspired by the fashion, art and music that influence today's Hawaii.
- Dining: This fall, Morimoto Maui will open as the resort's signature restaurant, by acclaimed Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. The restaurant will focus on the seamless integration of traditional Japanese culinary techniques with local, Hawaiian ingredients. The resort also offers a second full-service restaurant called Ka'ana Kitchen as well as two poolside venues and a 24-hour Hawaiian food, beverage and retail market called Mokapu Market.
- Spa: The 14,000-square-foot`Äwili Spa and Salon features 10 treatment rooms, a full-service salon, three relaxation rooms, 24-hour fitness center and private adult spa pool. Guests will enter the spa through the Apothecary Lounge, where customizable products and treatments will be blended by an on-site herbalist. A private pool, salon services, retail shop and fitness center are also available to guests.
- Pools: At the core of the resort are multiple cascading infinity pools overlooking the ocean complete with pool-side cabanas and an on-site water activities center.
- Weddings & Events: Ideal for weddings and group events, the resort features more than 15,000 square feet of elegant indoor and outdoor event space including six indoor event Andaz Studios and three outdoor beachfront event lawns.
For more information on Andaz Maui at Wailea, click here.
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa sits beachfront on the island of Maui.
The infinity-edge pool at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort & Spa held a special Hawaiian blessing ceremony presided over by cultural practitioner Kahuna Nui Kapono’ai Molitau, followed by a party for associates